Children’s Hospital of Chicago
Children’s Memorial Hospital was founded in 1882 as the first free-standing hospital in the country dedicated to the care of children and pediatrics. On June 9, 2012, Children’s Memorial moved to a 23-story, state-of-the-art facility at 225 East Chicago Avenue and was renamed “The Ann & Robert Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago” (or “Lurie Children’s”). Lurie Children’s primary mission is to provide superior care to the region’s most critically ill and injured children through access to top pediatric specialists, advanced treatments and the latest healthcare technologies. In 2011, Lurie Children’s provided care for almost 150,000 children from every U.S. state and 35 countries around the world.